These unreinforced amorphous thermoplastic materials have a lot of features in common and all three offer a combination of excellent mechanical, thermal and electrical properties.
• High max. allowable service temperature in air (180 C, 170 C and 150 C continuously for PPSU 1000,PEI 1000 and PSU 1000 repectively)
• High mechanical strength, stiffness and creep resistance, also at elevated temperatures
• Excellent hydrolysis resistance ( suitable for repeated steam sterilization )
• High toughness, also at low temperatures
• Physiologically inert (suitable for food contact )
• Very good dimensional stability
• Translucent, non-optical quality (except for PPSU which is black)
• Very good resistance against high energy radiation (gamma and X-rays)
• Good electrical insulating and dielectric properties.