Polyphenylene sulphide (PPS)(deep blue)
This reinforced, internally lubricated polyphenylene sulphide grade demonstrates an excellent combination of properties including wear resistance, load-bearing capabilities and dimensional stability, when exposed to chemicals and high temperature environments. TECHRON HPV PPS finds its applications where PA POM, PET, PEI and PAI are over-engineered and a more economical solution must be found.
Thanks to the uniformly dispersed internal lubricant, TECHTRON HPV PPS exhibits excellent wear resistance and a low coefficient of friction. It overcomes the disadvantages of virgin PPS caused by a high coefficient of friction, and of glass firbre reinforced PPS which can cause premature wear of the counterface in moving-part applications. It goes without saying that these features, in combination with its excellent chemical resistance, offer numerous application possibilities to TECHTRON HPV PPS in all kinds of industries.
• Very high max. allowable service temperature in air (220 C continuously to 260C for short periods of time)
• High mechanical strength, stiffness and creep resistance, also at elevated temperatures
• Excellent chemical and hydrolysis resistance
• Excellent wear and frictional stability
• Excellent resistance against high energy radiation (gamma and X-rays)
• Good UV-resistance
• Inherent low flammability
• Good electrical insulating and dielectric properties.