|Ketron Peek HPV||Ketron Peek CA30||Ketron Peek||Ketron Peek gears|
The KETRON PEEK family of materials is based on polyetheretherketone resin. This semi-crystalline advanced material exhibits a unique combination of high mechanical properties, temperature resistance and excellent chemical resistance making it the most popular advanced plastics material.
• Very high max. allowable service temperature in air (250C continuously, upto 310C for short periods )
• High mechanical strength, stiffness and creep resistance, also at elevated temperatures
• Excellent chemical and hydrolysis resistance
• Excellent wear and frictional behaviour (particularly KETRON PEEK-HPV and PEEK –CA30)
• Very good dimensional stability
• Inherent low flammability and very low levels of smoke evolution during combustion
• Good electrical insulating and dielectric properties (except for KETRON PEEK- HPV and PEEK- CA30)
• Excellent resistance against high energy radiation (gamma and X-rays)
All four KETRON PEEK grades are based on VICTREX, PEEK polymers:
KETRON PEEK -1000 (PEEK) natural (brownish grey)/ black
KETRON PEEK-1000 stock shapes are produced from virgin polyetheretherketone resin and offer the highest tough ness and impact strength of all KETRON PEEK grades.The composition of the raw materials used for the production of the KETRON PEEK 1000 natural stock shapes complies with the directives of the European Union and with the American FDA regulations concerning plastic materials intended to come into contact with foodstuffs. These features, added to its excellent sterilisbility by means of steam, dry heat, ethylene oxide and gamma irradiation, make this grade very popular in medical*, pharmaceutical and food processing industries.
KETRON PEEK-HPV (PEEK +CF+PTFE +graphite)(black)
The addition of carbon fibres, PTFE and graphite to virgin PEEK results in a KETRON PEEK “Bearing Grade”. Its excellent tribological properties (low friction, long wear and high Pressure –Velocity capabilities) make this grade especially suited for bearing and wear applications.
KETRON PEEK-GF30(PEEK-GF30)natural (brownish grey)
This 30% glass fibre feinforced grade offers higher stiffness and creep resistance than KETRON PEEK-1000 and has a much better dimensional stability. KETRON PEEK –GF30 is very appropriate for structural parts carrying high static loads for long periods of time at elevated temperatures. Its suitability for sliding parts, however, is to be carefully examined since the glass fibres tend to abrade the mating surface.
KETRON PEEK –CA30(PEEK-CF30)(black)
This 30% carbon fibre reinforced grade combines even higher stiffness, mechanical strength and creep resistance than KETRON PEEK GF30 with an optimum wear resistance. Moreover, the carbon fibres provide 3.5 times higher thermal conductivity than virgin PEEK, dissipating heat from the bearing surface faster.