|Ertalyte Tx||Ertalyte Tx Guide||Ertalyte|
Metalon Marketing Services' stock shapes made of crystalline thermoplastic polyester, are marketed under the trade names ERTALYTE (virgin grade) and ERTALYTETX (filled grade).
• High mechanical strength, stiffness and hardness.
• Very good creep resistance.
• Low and constant coefficient of friction.
• Excellent wear resistance (comparable with or even better than nylon grades).
• Very good dimensional stability (better than polyacetal).
• Excellent stain resistance.
• Better resistance to acids than nylon and polyacetal.
• Good electrical insulating properties.
• Physiologically inert (suitable for food contact)
• Good resistance to high energy radiation (gamma-and X-rays).
Heavily loaded bearings (bushings, thrust washers, guides, etc.), dimensionally stable parts for mechanisms of precision (bushings, slideways, gear, rollers, pump components, etc.) and insulating components for electrical engineering.
ERTALYTE Natural (white) I black
The specific properties of this virgin crystalline PET make it specially suitable for the manufacture of mechanical precision parts which have to sustain high loads and / or are subject to wear.
ERTALYTE TX is a polyethylene terephtalate compound incorporating a uniformly dispersed solid lubricant. Its specific formulation yields a premium, internally lubricated bearing - grade.
ERTALYTETX has not only an outstanding wear resistance, but offers in comparison with ERTALYTE an even lower coefficient of friction as well as higher Pressure- Velocity capabilities.